10/30/2004

It’s Time to Pray

More than anything, we need to get on our knees and pray for this election. The Presidential Prayer Team is doing a “Pray the Vote” campaign. Go there and sign up for their “virtual prayer rally” they’re having on Monday, 11/1. This from their website:

In this election year, the need for prayer is as great as ever. Toward
that end, The Presidential Prayer Team is encouraging prayer for the elections
through a new initiative, Pray the VoteTM. The goal of Pray the VoteTM is
simply to stimulate prayer for the fall elections. Believing that when
Americans pray we open a window for God to work in our nation, we urge you to
get involved. The right to vote—and to vote your values—is one of the most
cherished privileges of citizenship.

A Psalm for our day: (Psalm 140, NASB)

1 Rescue me, O LORD, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men 2 Who
devise evil things in {their} hearts; They continually stir up wars. 3 They
sharpen their tongues as a serpent; Poison of a viper is under their lips.
Selah. 4 Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; Preserve me from
violent men Who have purposed to trip up my feet. 5 The proud have hidden a
trap for me, and cords; They have spread a net by the wayside; They have set
snares for me. Selah. 6 I said to the LORD, "You are my God; Give ear, O
LORD, to the voice of my supplications. 7 "O GOD the Lord, the strength of
my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle. 8 "Do not
grant, O LORD, the desires of the wicked; Do not promote his {evil} device,
{that} they {not} be exalted. Selah. 9 "As for the head of those who
surround me, May the mischief of their lips cover them. 10 "May burning
coals fall upon them; May they be cast into the fire, Into deep pits from which
they cannot rise. 11 "May a slanderer not be established in the earth; May
evil hunt the violent man speedily." 12 I know that the LORD will maintain
the cause of the afflicted And justice for the poor. 13 Surely the
righteous will give thanks to Your name; The upright will dwell in Your
presence.

No comments: